Saturday, October 3, 2009

Training is such sweet sorrow

As my 3rd Marathon training season starts to wind down, I can't help but think.

This season has been many things to me. Horrible. Wonderful. A milestone. Enlightening. Hot. Inspiring. Difficult. Rewarding. It's brought about my best running, and indeed, some of my worst. And soon, it will be over. I'm excited about this for a couple of reasons:
  • The big show (Marine Corp Marathon)
  • I heart the off season (a.k.a. Winter)
But as the MCM nears, I can't help but want to keep going after it's over. To find my upper bound. To top where I'm at now. I feel like I've surpassed a longstanding plateau in my running and that I've only begun to see what I can do. We'll see how I fare on race-day. If things go as I hope during the Marathon, then Winters off may be a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment